About the Role:
The Boyer Design team is growing. Due to various new projects, we are looking for Architectural Assistants/Technicians with at least 5 years’ experience working as part of a team or leading in residential projects for housebuilders in the UK. The successful candidate would work on bespoke village extensions and greenfield urban extensions and therefore it is necessary for the successful candidate to have demonstrable experience within these types of projects. The successful candidate will work closely with the Associate Director from inception to planning condition discharge and will need to have experience of direct liaision with clients and consultants.
Responsibilities will include working on own and as part of the team and production of feasibility studies, CAD drafting of larger sites, solid understanding of housebuilder design requirements, assisting in design development, producing design and access statements, liaising with the project team both internal and external. General working knowledge of Building Regulations, house type design and ability to think three dimensionally is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will play a central support role within the architectural portfolio of the Design team and potentially provide an opportunity for career growth for the right candidate. The role would include working on RIBA Stages 2-3, progressing and delivering current schemes and supporting client relationships.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an architectural/urban design practice
- Proven experience of working autonomously and self-management of tasks
- Track record of residential projects for UK housebuilders from inception to planning condition discharge;
- Experience of liaising with clients and project team to complete drawing pack(s)
- Experience of production of drawings as well as presentation material and documents using Adobe suite
- General working knowledge of technical standards and providing creative solutions whilst ensuring technical requirements are met;
- Awareness of UK National Space Standards and Planning Regulations
- Demonstrable experience of building productive team relationships; identifying needs and adopting suitable approach, with an ability to continue to grow and maintain good relationships;
- Ability to work within financial and time constraints of the project;
- Demonstrable experience supporting a team in terms of personal professional development and
- A positive contribution to the growth of the Design Team.
Requirements of the role:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications.
- Sound general working technical knowledge
- Experience of working in the residential sector over the last 2 years and specialising in projects across the south, south-west and south-east of England.
- Experience and understanding of housing and house type design
- Experience and understanding of coverage and residential densities
- Relevant working knowledge of current UK building regulations
- A general understanding of Planning issues and National & Local Authority design standards
- An ability to input into Design and Access Statements including an awareness of opportunities and constraints
- Ability to manage and deliver work on time and to budget
- Ability to hand sketch and do layouts an advantage
- Experienced user of AutoCad (fluent), Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Indesign would also be a benefit. Experience of BIM would be an advantage.
As an enthusiastic team player, you will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to tight deadlines and demonstrate an ability to think clearly and communicate effectively with people at all levels and backgrounds, including the design team and wider Boyer staff, clients and external consultants.
With offices in both Wokingham and London location is flexible. Boyer promotes agile and flexible working with the ability to travel to Wokingham/London & job related travel within the UK to suit project and client needs.
Must be eligible to work within the UK.
What we offer:
Boyer offers an excellent opportunity for personal development and professional development, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension scheme, staff activities and benefits, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.