LRG is one of the largest multi-faceted property companies in the UK. Our brands include Leaders, Romans, Boyer, Gibbs-Gillespie, Moginie James, Outlook Property, scottfraser, Hill & Clarke, Revolution, Dunlop Heywood, Mortgage Scout, Bode Insurance Services, Three Sixty Space and Three Sixty Maintenance. All of which are supported by a centralised specialist team.
Our brands have been operational for over 30 years and through a combination of acquisition and organic growth, we are continuing to grow all areas of our business and, we are not done yet!
Boyer is a multi-skilled national planning consultancy. Our success is built around our people. Boyer prides itself on being collaborative, creative and commercial but above all dedicated to always having the best skilled and trained professionals for our projects. The design team is based in London and Wokingham and the position is flexible.
- Competitive Salary +CHECK (On Target Earnings (OTE)
- 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) increasing by 1 day each year up to an additional 5 days of leave
- An additional 10 days holiday every 5 years of service
- LRG Extras - Staff discounts with many retailers
- Free 24 hour Employee assistance programme
- Staff discount on property and financial services
- Salary sacrifice pension
- Eye care vouchers
- Family friendly Maternity, Adoption ,Paternity and parental bereavement policies (subject to conditions)
- Annual award incentives
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £400
- Support to gain relevant professional qualifications
About the Role:
The Boyer design team is growing. We have an exciting opportunity for a design orientated technical Architect/Technologist with at least 5 years’ experience in principally residential projects in the UK to strengthen our team. Current work varies from one off homes to bespoke village extensions and brownfield regeneration work including listed buildings and therefore it is necessary for the successful candidate to have demonstrable experience within these types of projects. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director from inception to practical completion.
Responsibilities will include on own and as part of the team, site layout design, feasibility studies, design development, contributing to design and access statements, project management skills and dealing with clients and the project team from brief through to practical completion. Knowledge of British Standards, house type design, ability to think three dimensionally and experience of working with listed buildings is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will play a central role within the architectural portfolio of the Design team and potentially provide an opportunity for career growth for the right candidate. The role would include working on all RIBA Stages, implementing current schemes, building client relationships and assisting in the continued growth and development of the design service, and the business overall.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an architectural practice
- Proven experience of autonomously managing/leading full planning applications
- Proven track record of principally residential projects from design to practical completion across all RIBA Stages;
- Experience of liaising with clients and project team to complete drawing pack(s)
- The ability to imaginatively raise design and technical standards within the team;
- In-depth technical ability and providing creative solutions whilst ensuring technical requirements are met;
- Awareness of UK National Space Standards and Planning Regulations
- Demonstrable experience of building productive client relationships; identifying client needs and adopting suitable approach, with an ability to continue to grow and maintain good client relationships;
- Ability to agree fees and ensure timely invoicing;
- Demonstrable experience delegating and overseeing work to junior staff and supporting the team in terms of professional development and
- A positive contribution to the growth of the Design Team.
Requirements of the role:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications and/or membership of a relevant professional body (RIBA or CIAT).
- Sound technical knowledge
- Experience of working in the residential sector over the last 5-10 years and specialising in projects across the south, south-west and south-east of England.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of housing and house type design
- Relevant detailed knowledge of current UK building regulations
- An understanding of Planning issues and National & Local Authority design standards
- An ability to input into Design and Access Statements including an awareness of opportunities and constraints
- Ability to manage and deliver work on time and to budget
- Ability to hand sketch an advantage
- Experienced user of AutoCad (fluent), Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Indesign would also be a benefit. Experience of BIM would be an advantage.
As an enthusiastic team player, you will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to tight deadlines and demonstrate an ability to think clearly and communicate effectively with people at all levels and backgrounds, including the design team and wider Boyer staff, clients and external consultants.
With offices in both Wokingham and London location is flexible. Boyer promotes agile and flexible working with the ability to travel to Wokingham/London & job related travel within the UK to suit project and client needs.
Must be eligible to work within the UK.
Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any enquiries please feel free to call 01903 890042 or email the recruitment department via email@example.com.
Hiring our talent through our Internal Recruitment Team is our primary channel and always our first approach. We always recommend an early direct application by applying on our careers page. We do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. If by exception we seek agency support it is always after a search by our recruitment team and by invitation only, to our PSL agencies, via LRG permanent recruitment terms.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. We wish you every success with your job search.